Priorities of our Transportation Committee
- Home 4 Good has unpdated the Bayfield without Wheels brochure first published in 2016. These are the page proofs – hard copies printed in time for the 2018 Home and Garden Show. Thank you to graphic designer Tammy Hopper, to Precision Print in Goderich, to the Bayfield Chamber of Commerce for paying for printing, and to members of the Transportation Committee for assembling and checking materials.
- Ride sharing is an option for those without their own vehicle. Visit www.regionalrideshare.ca for more information. This is also the place to offer rides to others… inviting them to join you on your weekly grocery run, your regular visit to the Y in Goderich or even to a special event in Stratford or Toronto. Supported by Huron County and other local governments in our region.
- Home 4 Good is working with Huron Shores Transportation Committee on the feasibility of a public bus system in our area. We have attended a meeting and written a letter of support. Watch this space.
- Home 4 Good is working with other community organizations to improve Bayfield’s walkability. We hope to see a pedestrian path and/or bicycle path to Foodland.
- Driverless cars are predicted to dominate the transportation landscape over the next ten years. Click on the attached because this is going to help us solve our transportation problems as we age.
Follow the link below for a copy of Home4Good’s letter of April 21st 2017 to the Parliamentary Committee: